Name:
Location: Cheshire, Connecticut, United States

devilishly handsome, screamingly funny, overly modest

Sunday, April 02, 2006

I'm Back

As many of you seem to have noticed (thank you), I've been away from my blog for a while. A few asked why (and where) on my blog, many more asked by E-mail, and many more by phone. The short answer is that in a fit of uncalculated masochism I hired one of that army of highly-paid practitioners of human butchery known as osteopathic surgeons to replace my knee-- steel for bone.

It's now three weeks later and I find that I can now sit comfortably (sort of) at my computer and blog. I probably could have done this sooner, but constant dull pain does nothing to enhance my sense of humor without which my writing would just bore you to tears (me, too). My physical therapy girls tell me I tolerate pain amazingly well and that my level of recovery is way ahead of normal expectation. The problem with that fact is that the reward for doing well in PT is that the therapist increases her expectations and demands until the pain level makes you holler "uncle" ("uncle being a euphemism for expletives I never thought I'd use in front of the fair sex).

My therapists are both attractive and charming, butter having to work overtime to melt in their mouths. Belying this is a cruel streak of remarkable proportion. After they put me through the tortures of hell, they smile and tell me how great I'm doing and how good all this is for my new knee. I remain unconvinced.

The new issue of "Hartford Magazine" (April) features me in their lead article, with a half-page picture yet. I haven't seen it. If any of you are brave enough to actually want to risk looking at me (I've been known to turn people to stone at one glance), this is your chance. Costs $3.95, though.

Lots more to say, but

Later

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice to find you online,,although unexpected
sorry to hear of the knee and the 'other' procedure

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I figured that's what you've been doing. I hope you are up and moving pain-free as fast as humanly possible.

I know a blogger who writes wonderfully when taking pain medication! Just kidding. I can imagine how it's hard to be your witty and charming self when in pain.

Oh, the lucky therapists! I know it's no fun what they've been putting you through, but I can imagine it's pretty funny what you've been putting *them* through!! Hee-hee-.

Feel better. You'll be marathon-worthy in no time...

(easy for me to say...)

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Bill! I was wonderin. I couldn't find any photo on the online page. I hope you will blog more about it.

I'm guessing a beard.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Brett E. Lassoff said...

Glad to see you back. Looking forward to seeing you.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home